Founder and CEO
Bringing strategic focus to grow global markets. Through research and networking with global thought leaders, ensuring SalesStar stays ahead of the industry to bring clients world-class products that give them the competitive edge.
Founder and Group CEO Global
- First ten years of working career as an industrial electrician (Diploma of Electrical Engineering) – realised most tradespeople were poor at sales and wanted to learn more
- Sales Engineer for PDL Electronics
- Key Account Manager, Tyco Electronics
- Moved to Recruitment Industry – strong interest in assessment tools that could help identify the traits of a successful salesperson
- Post Grad Diploma of Business Administration
- Owner of Business Consultant franchise (2003)
- Founded SalesStar (2005)
- Member of EO (The Entrepreneurs’ Association) and board member for New Zealand for the past four years
I have always been passionate about making a difference, helping to grow people in order to grow sales. I particularly enjoy helping entrepreneurs develop the sales strategy and disciplines they require to maximise their growth. We literally give CEOs the clarity to help “engineer sales success”. Over the years we’ve been instrumental in aiding our clients to grow their markets, putting the science behind sales success so they could grow by as much as 146%. I gain great satisfaction out of using my unique blend of skills and experience to pragmatically solve complex sales challenges and help companies map out a clear path to grow. I’m a strong advocate for three things: for setting goals that stretch, for lifelong learning and for developing a supportive mindset for success. I live by the philosophy “If you’re not getting out of your comfort zone, you are not growing.”
Ensuring our Client Services and Learning and Development teams exceed client expectations. Providing governance in the areas of finance, health & safety, and human resources to protect staff and maintain a thriving and dynamic business. Lastly, continuing to develop in-depth knowledge of Objective Management Group’s award-winning assessment tools and how to best use these insights with our clients.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Administration – Double major: Psychology and Marketing
- Post-graduate diploma in Banking
- HR role at ANZ – formulated policies around internal job advertising and implemented a new performance review process – and first learned sales techniques by having to “sell” these to executives, management and staff
- Sales Territory Rep – EFTPOS business at ANZ Bank (when you still needed to explain what it was!)
- Sales Manager – EFTPOS business at ANZ Bank
- Account Manager – SoftEd (a software development training company)
- National Sales Manager –SoftEd
- Commission-only Sales Rep – Angela Stott Photography
- Start-up business – Time for Kids
I consider my role to be like that of an orchestra conductor – making sure all the moving parts come together in harmony for best effect. I love the fact that what we do at SalesStar is like throwing a stone in a pond; the ripples that emanate have such positive consequences for the well-being of both businesses and individual lives. The knowledge that I play a definitive role in how well this happens brings me great satisfaction. Part of this is getting the right people in place, and establishing the right culture so we can provide the right customer experience. Furthermore, I love helping my clients achieve the same result. This is something that is easy to say but more difficult to achieve. I am privileged to be able to combine the expertise I’ve gained on my journey, with my innate curiosity about people and how they work, to best advantage. I also love being able to use my specialist knowledge in Objective Management Group tools to help businesses gain much-needed clarity around their issues and to assist them to find the top-performers they need to grow their businesses even further.
Our sales team are motivated to truly understand the needs of our customers and connect them with the programmes and services that not only exceed their expectations but deliver exceptional results.
Chief Sales Officer
- Past National Sales, Head of Sales, Director of Sales and CEO roles
- Former sales director of Wormald, taking the company from $50 million to $100 million inside three years to number one in the Tyco group worldwide
- Headhunted by Westpac to become head of Westpac High Performance for commercial and agri. 800 sales staff reporting via 35 managers. Tripled market share
- Instrumental in growing SalesStar by over 60% in 2016
If I had to summarise what motivates my life, it’s all encapsulated in SalesStar’s vision: “To become absolutely integral in the economic growth of Australia and New Zealand. Values led and purpose driven, we challenge, we stretch, we grow. We started from humble beginnings and we will leave as better ancestors…” I am a great believer in stretching people’s aspirations so they become the best versions of themselves and in doing so, make our countries stronger. I am deeply motivated by the idea of creating a legacy and sharing with people all I have - and the best from the world - almost as if it were the last chance to do so.
Head of Sales, ANZ
- More than 27 years in sales development across 22 countries worldwide
- Eight years with leading global intelligence company, Marcus Evans. Over a four-year period, with start-up capital of just €190,000, developed and implemented a strategy that grew the business to include over 400 staff and a turnover exceeding €23,000,000 a year
- Owned and managed a successful consulting business
- Brought to New Zealand the first non-bank EFTPOS card to reward clients for referrals
- Part of the SalesStar team since 2005 and has been instrumental in growing our own business by over 60% just this year alone
I love being part of this values-led, purpose-driven business and certainly get to see our value of creating raving fans come to life in the course of my work. I gain immense satisfaction from interacting with clients who welcome me so warmly because we’ve been able to make a huge difference in their lives and businesses. It’s deeply satisfying to be a catalyst for change by challenging CEOs to create some of the world’s best organisations and taking them to a level beyond which they had never previously dreamed. Our clients consistently tell me I have the knowledge, wisdom and expertise to help get exceptional results but overall I think that my time mentoring CEOs and MDs while leveraging my motivational gifts is the most valuable asset I have.
Sales Development Specialist
- Bachelor of Commerce, Marketing
- Group Performance Manager, ABC Business Sales
- Strategic Business Manager, Demand Generator Group and Electrolux
- Marketing Manager Australia and Group Product Manager, Avanti & Specialised Bicycles
- Operations Manager, Young New Zealanders Foundation
- Sales and Marketing roles – Ray White, MDA Advertising, Endace, car sales
I have an enduring desire to help businesses grow based on my deep-seated belief that most people who are good at what they do could be great if they make the right changes. I therefore see my role as that of change agent – not to tell people what they already know but to tell them what they don’t know. I enjoy assisting those in leadership to gain such clarity and to reignite their passion for their businesses. I love seeing organisations find new ways of doing things that lifts them above the level of mediocrity and that sees them becoming not just good but great.
Working in partnership with our clients to provide clarity and visibility around their programme rollout so they can make the most of the opportunities to learn, develop and succeed.
Client Services Project Manager
- Personal assistant roles in Ericsson Communications, Cable Ways Ltd, Welcome Tourism Services (Johannesburg)
- Experience in marketing co-ordination, corporate event co-ordination, account management and project leadership (USA and South Africa)
- Conference services and event management for Ritz-Carlton Hotel
I bring energy and dedication to my role as Client Services Project Manager and, as a details oriented person, give extra focus to those things that add value for my colleagues and clients. I particularly enjoy giving support and structure to clients. They come to us with a goal in mind and it’s great to be able to use my organisational skills to assist them on their journey. I apply my sense of dedication to whatever projects or tasks that come my way and gain great satisfaction from supporting the process from the first signs of seeing things flourish through to ultimate completion.
Client Services Project Manager/Finance
- Worked for ASB Bank – Customer Services, Foreign Exchange, Lending
- Owned a signwriting business – employed 10 staff
- Independent bookkeeping business
I gain great enjoyment out of being able to help people and from watching businesses grow. It’s also great to be part of a team and to be able to support the work of my colleagues. I draw on my past experience and combine this with a love of administration to provide reliable and trustworthy service and support. I understand the pressures business owners and leaders are under from my time as a business owner and use this to provide a personal service and to anticipate client needs.
Learning and Development
We thrive on bringing breakthrough moments for our clients and changing lives forever – we challenge, stretch and grow.
Head of Learning & Development
- Sales background in stationery, printing, business equipment, capital equipment, professional services and diamonds. Smallest sale - $5. Biggest sale- $15,000,000
- Leader of sales teams as a sales manager, contract sales manager and RFP project leader. Responsible for budgets between $2m - $100m.
- Assisted clients to grow their sales between 20-300% - in one case played a key role in doubling sales from $50m to $100m
I get great satisfaction from watching people and their companies grow. When I see their sales climbing, when I see them becoming more successful as a result, when I see managers transform into leaders and grow their teams, then I know why I get up every morning. And nothing compares to the feeling of having people come back to me years later to say I changed their lives. It’s gratifying to be able to provide cutting edge sales and sales leadership learning programmes, diagnostics and business advice that helps individuals grow personally and professionally- and that sees clients reach and exceed their sales goals.
Learning & Development Specialist
- Extensive sales history – top sales rep for POS company
- Promoted to manage sales team at age 26
- Area Sales Manager – DHL Express
- Founded own recruitment/sales training business
I have always felt that it’s rare to have a job where you know that you are going to make a difference in people’s lives every single day. Yet this is my experience with SalesStar and it contributes to why I love what I do. There is nothing better than seeing the great reactions people have as they start to achieve tangible results and businesses start to prosper. This process of transformation isn’t always easy – we challenge our clients and workshop participants to refine, tweak and improve in ways that are sometimes outside of their comfort zone – but always for good reason. I am able to put my broad level of experience as a salesperson and manager to good use together with the science and extensive research we put behind everything we do and teach. Plus, my experience also allows me to empathise with those we are helping as I know only too well what it’s like out there and also understand all too well what they are experiencing. Not to mention the fact that training is also a great outlet for my personality, energy and sense of humour.
Learning & Development Specialist
- 20 years+ retail business, consumer management and sales
- 14 years+ Learning and Development experience
- Nationally certified trainer and assessor – retail – Australia
- Certified provider of Extended DISC and Objective Management Group award-winning tools
I am a strong believer in a simple philosophy: training is only effective when you can translate it from conceptual teaching into practical application. I certainly know what it is like to be told ‘go and sell more’ without knowing how to take sales theory and make it work in real-world situations. I am therefore passionate about assisting sales managers and their teams to understand how to use the sales skills we teach and effectively incorporate them into their daily activities. I love it when you see salespeople gain clarity and go on to adopt, action and measure what they have learned in a natural, personalised way for maximum success.
Learning & Development Specialist
- BA (Industrial Psychology)
- Worked with hundreds of clients in many sectors across nine countries to build success capability in areas such as leadership, influence, performance management, emotional intelligence, conflict resolution, sales, service, negotiation, debt collection and recruitment
- Development and presentation of public programmes for members/clients of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand, IT Professionals NZ and AUT Executive Education
- Fellow of the Institute of Digital Transformation – creating and shaping conversations that influence how leaders lead and businesses perform in the digital era
- Author of: Influencing 101; People Management Made Easy; People Capability & Value and Line Management – Topline to Bottomline
I am driven to show clients who are time-poor quick ways to get more of what they want and less of what they don’t in a range of areas with different stakeholders, both inside and outside of their organisation. I lead people to create approaches that feel natural and intuitive so they apply them seamlessly to their unique challenges to significantly improve their target outcomes. I draw on my study of peak performing organisations and the neuroscience of super-performance to provide insights, skills and motivation that gives people confidence about what they need to do to succeed.
Learning & Development Specialist
- Award-winning International Keynote Speaker (USA, UK, Asia and APAC)
- Author of: The Art of Commercial Conversations; 25 Ways NOT To Lose Your Next Sale; The First Sale is ALWAYS To Yourself; 25 Fatal Sales Mistakes Exposed; SMASH Through Your Sales Barrier
- Top 50 Global Sales Blogger
- Telstra Award for Small Business Excellence
- Tony Robbins Business Coach for APAC (12 countries)
- More than 20 years consistently overachieving in B2B sales executive roles for Xerox, Kodak and CA
Seeing my clients achieve the results that matter to them most, once they shift their thinking, gives me a remarkable sense of purpose as a coach and mentor. Holding my clients accountable, so they experience real collaboration and bring ideas to life, makes all the difference in the achievement of such exceptional results. Bringing a combination of inspiration and education to my role as a trainer, facilitator and keynote speaker ensures those in my audience not only have fun, but are also able to execute and implement on fresh and innovative ideas. What really lights me up though, is being able to conspire for the success of those around me by stretching and expanding their capacity to learn and grow.
Video Production Specialist
- Bachelor of Science in Multimedia and Diploma in Advanced 3D animation and visual effects
- Experience in Post-Production, video editing & Compositing (use of non-linear editing software, multi-camera edits, colour correction, Sound editing, titles creation, final encode and export) through to completed project
- Specialist with tools including: Adobe CC, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Nuke, Fusion, Maya, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Creation of animations, trailers and promos
- Freelance photographer & graphic designer
- Visual effects artist (Albedo VFX)
- QA Tester – (VMC Gamelabs)
My role enables me to put my love of art and creativity to good use. I find it very satisfying to produce a video that gets so much appreciation from our clients and from the SalesStar team. I’m able to use my broad range of skills such as filming, editing, colour correction, motion graphics, 3D/2D animations and compositing to create an end product that brings a dynamic element to the work we are doing to help people improve their lives. Although I am often in the background of what is going on I am dedicated to bringing the best of my skills to my work – part director, part cameraman, part soundman, part editor. What could be better in life than a profession that makes me happy and allows me to achieve my goals while also helping others achieve theirs?
Engaging our clients by providing thought-provoking insight that will help solve their biggest sales challenges.
Digital Marketing Specialist
- Currently studying at Massey University
- Former prefect – Long Bay College
- Assistant manager, hospitality industry
I am passionate about what I do because I truly believe we have the products and services to change the world of sales. What gets me out of bed in the morning is the fact that I get to work with - and learn from - a group of world-class, highly driven and successful people – and I feel a great sense of pride in being able to contribute to the growth of SalesStar. It’s rewarding to know that we help businesses navigate their way through the smog of mediocre sales training and advice – and that we can provide our clients with valuable insights, tips and tactics through our blogs, e-books and other content. The journey that we go on with clients is more about increasing their sales capability: it gives them an immersive experience that increases their self-awareness which leads to self-improvement which leads to successful careers and thriving businesses.
Our Partners proudly represent SalesStar and using the SalesStar content, grow the sales teams of the businesses globally.
Associate Partner, Melbourne
- Over 25 years international sales and sales leadership experience across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Europe
- CEO, Engagement Partners
- Previous positions as General Manager, Sales and Marketing; Director of Business Development; Global Channel Manager
I love seeing the results and positive impact my work has on employees and organisations, from salespeople right through to the CEO. I help growth-orientated CEOs and Business Leaders reach the sort of sales growth and success that they dreamed of but never knew how to achieve. It’s great to see people’s lives changed for the better by helping them uncover and overcome the psychological barriers that have been holding them back from being successful. I use my past frontline experience of leading people to deliver results by securing commitment and engagement from teams. I create a clear picture of what is needed to build a performance-focused culture and set in place the systems and development programmes needed to enable people to perform beyond expectations.
Associate Partner, Brisbane
- Managing Director, Global Development - Sales & Leadership Performance
- Global Sales Director - Leadership Success
- Keynote speaker - The Executive Connection
- Keynote speaker - The CEO Institute
- Former Northern Regional Sales Manager at Orora Packaging and AWX Agribusiness Pty Ltd
With over 16 year of sales and management experience I am passionate about speaking to industry and CEO groups to share valuable insights into the science behind creating a winning sales team and high performance business leaders. I feel most rewarded helping businesses to grow their sales and profitability through the establishment of a structured and consistent sales process. I combine a professional yet practical approach to make it easy for CEOs to gain an in-depth understanding of their sales organisation and help put strategies in place to put them on a pathway to grow revenues and profit. I guide them to that ‘aha’ moment, where they realise it’s not just about watching the scoreboard, it’s about providing a structured and consistent sales approach that leads to achievement.
Associate Partner, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Partner/Founder of XSell International – Sales Transformation, Development and Coaching in over 24 Countries.
- University Lecturer - Sales Management at Nyenrode Business University, the Netherlands.
After a successful international corporate career, I have dedicated my time to Sales Development & Transformation where I am able to enhance and regularly challenge the strategic thinking of my customers and students.
I have a long background in Sales in the ICT industry that started back in 1994, where I worked for companies such as Alcatel-Lucent, British Telecom and as the Head of Performance and Change at Vodafone HQ.
In my professional career of over 20 years, my passion is to help people and organisations in their journey to reach their goals and to be successful.
Sales has always been at the forefront of this and helping my clients and students reach sales success and turn their vision of success into a reality is what excites me the most.